Trademark Registration in UAE
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), trademark protection is primarily governed by Federal Law No. 37 of 1992 on Trademarks (as amended by Law No. 19 of 2000). The UAE is also a member of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, which provides certain international standards for trademark protection.
Trademark registration in the UAE involves a series of process to protect your brand name, logo, or other distinctive signs associated with your goods or services.
- Pre-Filing Steps:
- Finding Name & Logo
- Availability Search
- Choose the Appropriate Classification (Category)
- Filing the Application:
- Arrange documents.
- Submission of Application
- Examination Report
- Formal Examination
- Substantive Examination
- Gazette Publication
- Newspaper publication
- Opposition Period:
- Opposition Filing
- Opposition Resolution:
- Registration and Certification:
- Registration payment
- Issue Certificate
- Protection Period
- Watching and Monitoring duplication.
- Renewal before expiry.
Benefits of registering in UAE:
- Registering your Trademark in the UAE helps you to protect your business identity.
- Trademark Registration in UAE is deemed as a legal ownership to the use of the Trademark all over the seven emirates of the UAE.
- Trademark Registration in UAE helps to protect your Trademark from being copied or imitated in any Emirates in UAE.
- Trademark Registration in the UAE absolves you from the common law right of Passing Off.
Once you get your Trademark registered, you own the license to have it franchised and controlled as you wish.